Thursday, August 6, 2009

Thursday 6 August 2009

For the first time in over 3 weeks, I woke up this morning feeling a lot better. My nights have been plagued by not sleeping, coughing fits and just not being comfortable. It would also seem that my digestive system has begun to work as it should. Still not eating normally (using my mouth)and everything except some fluid is being taken using the feeding tube. Previously I was aware that my stomach was retaining food longer than it should. This I believe is as a result of the chemo-therapy which compromises the ability of the digestive system to process food. My plan of NOT trying to eat normally seems to be paying off with my cough and very severe throaat irritation now almost non-existent. I am going to give eating using my mouth a go on Monday, but I shall not approach this with the same amount of gusto as I did 3 weeks ago.

We hope to go and have a look at the wild flowers along the coast this weekend. I am looking forward to that. Have a great long weekend and take care!

1 comment:

  1. So pleased you are feeling a lot better. Let's hope you can start having some good nights sleep. Enjoy the flowers. Always in my thoughts. Lots and lots of love, Sue xxx

    ReplyDelete