Sunday, August 2, 2009

Sunday 2 August 2009

It is now almost 14 days since my radio-therapy treatments ended. I had been hoping that by this stage things would have been a lot easier. However, this is not the case. It seems that the internal radiation burns in my throat are going to take some time to heal. There is not much pain but if I try and swallow food, a violent coughing and choking fit is triggered, which lasts anywhere between 5 and 15 minutes. Really in a bit of a "catch 22" situation as I do not seem to be able to get enough calories through the feeding tube and I have now lost 14kgs in weight. One heck of a way to lose weight!

Anyhow I guess these are all further lessons in patience although I did consider myself a reasonably patient person if I knew that patience was needed in a particular circumstance.

It is one of those glorious days on the Garden Route, little cloud, no wind and reasonably warm. take care!

1 comment:

  1. As they say "Most of the battles of life are won by looking beyond the clouds to the sun and having patience to wait for the day when the sun comes out and the clouds float away" You have had so much patience to get this far and it must be so frustrating for you. Always in my thoughts. Lots and lots of love, Sue xxx

    ReplyDelete