Sunday, June 21, 2009

Sunday 21 June 2009

Almost no sleep last night. Caught up on my reading during the wee small hours of this morning. Eventually fell into an nuneasy sleep at about 06:00. Margi left quite early to facilitate the workshop she had organised.
Alistair and I went to movies today (morning matinee). A seriously "non chick flick!" Terminator Salvation is very loud with some amazing visual and sound effects. Most importantly it allowed one to escape for a while.
Got home early and spent most of the afternoon sleeping until Margi got home at about 17:00.
Still a bit of discomfort and pain but I am still managing to eat using the normal equipment. Part of the problem surrounding the consumption of food, is that it has just become a real chore. Radio-therapy and Chemo-therapy both have far reaching affects. My sense of taste has completly disappeared and having no saliva also causes a big problem.
I dare not count sleeps until the treatments are finished as the dates are changed about once a week. Nevertheless, 3 more weekly chemo sessions and 19 radio-therapy sessions to go!!!

1 comment:

  1. I am so pleased you have started this blog Grant. I'm sure it will take a bit of pressure off you and Margi as far as all the phone calls are concerned. So sorry to hear you have not had a good week but I really admire your positive attitude and determination. You are quite incredible. You are in my thoughts at all times. I know that Pam and Jill will also be very pleased that you have started this blog. Hope you have a good night. Lots of love, Sue xxx

    ReplyDelete