Sunday, July 26, 2009

Sunday 27 July 2009

After some very challenging days this last week, I woke up yesterday morning feeling a lot better. It was as if during the night a switch had been flicked over. I was able to eat a bowl of oats normally. First food that I had been able to swallow for about three weeks. The morning progressed well and I thought "Hey I cracked this one!", until about midday when the cumulative effects of the radio-therapy grabbed hold and laid me low again. The switch had been flicked back to the "off" position. Feel somewhat better today and in hindsight I guess that I possibly overdid things a bit yesterday morning.

Tomorrow (Monday) we will drive back to Knysna. Cannot wait to get back. It almost does not seem real that we have been in Jo'burg for almost 2 months.

I have watched most of the Tour de France. It is almost incomprehensible that the cyclists are able to ride at race speeds for three weeks with only 2 "off' days. One fact that does come across is the fantastic teamwork amongst the variuos teams. But then I guess that every success is marked by excellent support. I make use of this opportunity to again say that Margi has been an absolute pillar of strength. Her love and support has certainly helped me get where I am today. Alistair has also been a huge source of support and encouragement, especially during the last 2 months. I would also like to thank all our family and friends who have helped us to get to today. The love, help, support and encouragement has almost been overwhelming. Take care!

2 comments:

  1. Well done Grant! You and Margi are always an inspiration to others and I am so pleased that you have made it to this point. May you go from strength to strength each day. Enjoy Knysna and all the best for the recuperation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh, Grant, how time flies!! Sending you tonnes of love and even more light!! Jane xx

    ReplyDelete