Sunday, June 21, 2009

And in the beginning.....!

I never thought that I would ever be writing in my own blog on the Internet. However, friends and family have said that they would like a place they could either read about my progess or leave messages without having to telephone.
At the start of this week, things did start to change rapidly. The side effects of receiving radio-therapy decided that Saturday night (13 June 2009) was the time to make their presense felt.
I woke up on Sunday morning to find that my throat had closed up, causing speech difficulties and a reallyy sore throat as I tried to swallow anything, even the rapidly diminishing flow of saliva in my mouth (another side effect)
Spent a great morning with the family having breakfast at Lifestyle nusrsery. It was great to see my sister Sue and her husband Dave, who I think had just been looking for an excuse to drive to Johannesburg.
Spent most of the rest of the day sleeping and trying to swallow without too much pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment